Sunday, June 2, 2013

This be cat weather

Over the years I have decided that if I could be anything in life, I would like to be a cat.  I think it comes from watching the 4 cats we had growing up just spending their days, chilling in the sun.

Most people I meet I tell them about my dreams of becoming a cat, some look at me strangely, others, you can see in their eyes have the secret yearning to be a cat too.   I think I have told my co-worker Natatat about it heaps of times.  I told her again the other day.

On Friday, Natatat and I were walking back from cheesy goodness (lunch), it was a gorgeously sunny day and I said to Natatat

Me: This be perfect cat weather
Natatat: arrghhh!!

Natatat didn't actually say that, sometimes I just like to imagine what it would be like if she sounded like a pirate.  She asked me what kind of cat I would be.  It got me thinking, and this was my answer:  "well, I would have to be well fed, not one of those cats who isn't allowed outside.  Also I want to live somewhere where there is low cat density".

Natatat: Ahhhh, you want to be the cat king of the forest.
Me: ????
Natatat:  Like my brother's cat.  He lives next to this forest, so his cat just goes and has adventures in the forest.  He catches mice and rats and hedgehogs and deer all the time.
Me: deer?
Natatat: maybe not deer.

I want to be the cat king of the forest.  And catch some deer.

2 comments:

  1. You'd be a Queen, obviously.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who said I can't be a tom cat?

    Anyway, queen doesn't seem to have quite the same power as king does.

    ReplyDelete